2017 new year resolutions
I started thinking about my 2017 new year resolutions sitting down in a beautiful remote cottage in North Wales. It was a bit unsettling as really all I wanted to do is stay there for the next few months and not deal with the rest of the world, or plans or decisions.
The last year I learned a lot more about myself, my weaknesses, my strengths and my wishes ..but now, here, at the start of a new year I still feel there’s so much more to learn and grow. After a little chat with my better half and more thinking I decided to categorise my resolutions by encapsulating them in a few words that would guide my journey in 2017.
Last year I might have stretched to far with my goals, trying to do too many things that require time and practice and that are spread across the entire year without having a clear vision. This year I want to focus on smaller goals and also prepare for them better with clear steps. It will be all about planning it right.
- Cycle to Brecon Beacons from Cardiff - I will need a training plan, a date in the calendar with no rain and a room booked for the night.
- Try yoga for at least 3 weeks - I will need to find a yoga class within easy reach
- Run 2 5k races - Movember Run, St. Davids Run or a Colour run?!
- 1 day of the week no meat - I think this would be easy, plus I got a great book with plant based recipes for Christmas!
- Get grade 1 piano
This is of course relating to photography mostly - my main interest - the thing that makes me feel alive, forget about the cold, the problems.
- Gain money from photograph
- Try smaller challenges to keep your creative wheel spinning (like the rainbow challenge, or taking one of my film cameras for a walk)
- Write 25 blog posts this year
- Shoot 2 new faces
Breath and stay positive
This year I want to learn how to take it easy, accept my flaws and love myself more. Take a deep breath an open myself to others without fear, with hope. I must admit, even if it sounds easy this will be the most challenging resolution - getting anxious only thinking about it.
- Keep a gratitude journal - find the positive
- Try meditating for 10 days in a row and then at least once a week - Headspace is a great way to start.
- Do more for charity - less receiving more giving. I am seriously considering on asking people who want to give me presents for different occasions to put some of that money to charity. (unless they want to help me buy a house :)) )
- Join a church community - I discovered church here in UK and it's such a different vibe from what I was used to from home. It's more open and it feels more like a community. Being so far from home I want to allow myself to find a community here.
So here they are, my 2017 new year resolutions. I realise this post is longer than the one from last year but I feel like is more focused and clear. I am confident they are all achievable goals and isn't that a great start ;) ?Happy New Year! May 2017 be amazing and kind to everyone!